January 16, 2017
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we may send one or more cookies—a small file containing a string of characters—to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Cookies allow you to interact with the site, and make return visits easier. Our servers may automatically record information when you visit our Site. These servers’ logs may include information such as your web request and Internet Protocol address. If you disable the cookies, parts of the Site, such as the ability to track your progress, may not work.
We use Google Analytics to help analyze how visitors use this site by collecting standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form. You may opt of out this collection (on our site and any other) by using the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
We use Hotjar to further analyze how visitors use this site by collecting anonymous heatmap, recording, and survey data. You may opt of out this collection (for our site and any other) by visiting HotJar: Opt-Out.
We collect information that you voluntarily provide to us, including personally identifying information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, school, educational background, educational goals and interests (“Personal Information”).
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
Specifically, we may use your personal data in the following ways:
- for the purpose you provided Personal Information, for example to enroll you as a Site member, to process your order, or to respond to a specific inquiry;
- to enhance your experience of Matheno products and services;
- to improve our educational content;
- to administer, support, improve and develop our business;
- to send you information about Matheno products or services and information that we believe will be of interest to you;
- to allow you access to the Site; and
- as otherwise described to you at the point of collection.
WHEN WE MIGHT DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We never share your Personal Information collected on the Site with third parties for their marketing purposes. We may share non-personally identifiable information, such as aggregated user statistics, with third parties such as our business partners. On occasion, we (through our third party mail provider, MailChimp) may send commercial messages about Site offerings or products or services designed to enhance your use of the Site.
We may share your information, including Personal Information, with third parties who perform certain services for us relating to the Site, such as to process credit cards or send email communications on our behalf, or who otherwise help us to run the Site.
We may disclose your Personal Information in response to legal process, to protect our rights, as otherwise required by law, or for the prevention or detection of a crime. If we sell our company or part of it, or our business enters into a joint venture with another business entity, we may disclose your information to our new business partners or owners who may then provide you with information about their products and services.
You can let us know if you do not want us to share or otherwise disclose your Personal Information by taking the following steps:
- To stop further delivery of informational emails from us or MailChimp, click the opt-out link at the bottom of these messages.
- To let us know about your other communication preferences, please call (510) 883-3010, or send an email to [email protected], or use the Contact Us form. Please identify all the email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers that you may have submitted to us, so we can ensure that we respect your wishes.
- You can let us know if you do not want us to share your data with other companies who provide services for us by calling (510) 883-3010, or sending an email to [email protected], or using the Contact Us form. Again, please identify all the data you have submitted to us, so we can ensure that all your email addresses, postal address information, and phone numbers are marked “do not share.”
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. Please be aware that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot warrant the security of information you transmit to us, and you use our Site and provide us with your information at your own risk.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Site is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we have actual knowledge is under the age of 13.
We welcome all comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information. Please contact us:
|By Mail:||Matheno, Inc.|
|1831 Solano Avenue, #8481|
|Berkeley, CA 94707|
|By phone:||(800) 310-1423 (From outside the U.S., please call +1-510-883-3010.)|
|By email:||[email protected]|